Conference Bid Process
Bring USETDA 2018 to a City Near You!
The USETDA is now accepting bids to host the 2018 USETDA Conference. Bids should be submitted by January 1, 2017. To contact the USETDA Board visit our Contact Information Web page.
Note: The ETD2017 Symposium (joint NDLTD/USETDA 2017 conference) will be held in Washington, DC August 7-9, 2017, hosted by George Mason University.
The following information should be included in your institution’s bid:
- Hosting organization/institution(s)
- Rationale for hosting the conference
- Planned dates. Please include proposed conference dates and explain your choice, including flexibility of proposed dates.
- Venue (city, information on conference facilities, i.e., number and size of conference rooms, and availability of Internet access in conference rooms)
- Conference organization:
- Level of logistical and financial support from host institution
- Detailed information on conference support personnel
- Distribution of responsibility for conference organization
- Travel/Transportation considerations
- Accommodations (type, cost, applicable city and state taxes, and access to conference venue)
- Proposed special activities
- Tourist information
The host institution(s) submitting the bid must be a current member of USETDA. The host institution(s) will work closely with the USETDA board over the coming year to plan to execute all aspects of conference planning.
USETDA Conference organizing roles documentation is available online.